Thursday, December 8, 2011

a Christmas survey

Starting from my Livejournal days, I've just really loved surveys. If you don't <3 them, then you might wanna look elsewhere. :)

This Christmas survey comes from Matt and Kara Adopt.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Since egg nog is nasty (though the hubs disagrees), I choose you, hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped all the way. That's half the fun.
 
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love how the white lights glow, so white, definitely.
 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We don't. My grandparents used to, though. It was cute.
 
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon after Thanksgiving that I can!
 
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My parents cook a Cuban meal for Christmas Eve. I haven't been 
able to eat it on Christmas Eve for a couple of years, but they always save me leftovers. Traditional Cuban pork, black beans and rice, yucca - so yummy!
 
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I loved the year we went to Miami for Christmas. I was 16, I think. It was freaky to have Christmas when it was warm outside, but we had a blast. I loved getting the entire Cuban family together like that.
 
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My brother and I just figured it out. I'm not sure how old we were. But my parents weren't very good about making sure Santa's handwriting didn't match their own... Luckily for us, Dave's pretty good at calligraphy, so I'm sure he can cook something up for G.
 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.
 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a fake tree, so we put that sucker up, then pile on the ornaments. We love a variety of all shapes and colors, especially those that mean something to us.
 
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! For G's first Christmas last week, we actually woke up to snow in Alabama. We weren't going to head down until the day of Christmas, but we ended up driving down late on Christmas Eve because people were so sure it was going to snow. Sure enough, it did!
 
12. Can you ice skate? Can I? Yes. Do I care to again anytime soon? Nope.
 
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Some stand out to be as a kid, such as our first gaming system (a Nintendo!) and my first bike.
 
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting large amounts of family together.
 
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Something chocolate, but that's nothing different. I don't like a lot of traditional holiday desserts, I'm afraid.
 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Waking up to open presents on Christmas Day and eating omelets afterward.
 
17. What tops your tree? A star. It always has to be a star!
 
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I'd be lying of I didn't receiving, but I get a huge rush from watching someone open a gift I gave them. As a mom, I especially love giving my kiddo gifts.
 
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum, but I have to be in the mood.
 
20. Favorite Christmas movie? I love a ton of them. There are actually very few I dislike.
 
21. Saddest Christmas song? Do I know any sad songs? I don't think so.
 
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? "All I Want for Christmas," "Carol of the Bells."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...