Thursday, December 29, 2011

post-Christmas letdown


My apologies. It feels as though I haven't blogged in ages, though in reality it's only been about a week. The past week has felt like a month.

Christmas was fantastic and I'm so glad it's over. G got sick a couple days beforehand, as did my grandparents, and I spent some time trying not to freak out that no one was going to be able to hang out with anyone. But it all worked out in the end. The hubs and I haven't gotten sick yet, though I'm sitting here with a sore throat and wondering if that will last.

G is still dealing with that blasted cold. His runny nose has eased up a bit so he's able to sleep through the night again, but we're subjected to long crying bouts over nothing in particular. I'm worried there's something more wrong, like an ear infection, but I don't want to bother with a doc visit until early next week to see if this passes on it's own. It could also just be the fact that we're home again. We usually have to deal with a bit of whining and tantrumy attitude from him after being at my parents'. He spends a few days getting everything he wants with a little whining, and suddenly he thinks that's the way to behave all of the time. Of course, we've also been lax with him because he's been sick, so it's a bunch of things piled up.

I feel sorry for the little guy, especially because I haven't been as active in taking care of him as I would like. I've hit 7 weeks pregnant and the nausea has really hit hard the past couple of days. Today was the worst, but I did manage not to throw up. Yet. That combined with major allergies leaving me unable to breath through my nose unless I'm laying down, and crazy intense fatigue... all I want to do is lay in bed.

Speaking of which, I'm in bed right now. I think I'm gonna lay back down and watch the hubs play Skyrim a little longer before poking him for a neck massage.

I promise to post a better Christmas update later once I've edited some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...