Tuesday, November 23, 2010

nostalgic - early pics of me and the hubs

The hubs and I will soon be celebrating our second anniversary. The February 6th will be the fourth anniversary of our first date.

Aww, right?

I sometimes forget how long we've been together. It both feels like we just hooked up a few months ago and that that I've known him forever. Certainly it doesn't feel long enough to have a kid! Hubby and I met on the Internet, on a dating website. Gasp. What? Oh yes, we are one of those couples.

His profile pic was this:

Hunka hunka. How could I say no to the offer of a first date?

Our first years have been a roller coaster of awws and cuddles and sweetness it'll rot your teeth. I've been so incredibly happy.

This was taken on our four month anniversary of dating. Man, I was skinny!


Once, we built a fort out of pillows, a mattress, and lots of blankets. It was awesome.


Easter was the first time he met my family. They were all as smitten as I was.


We took our first trip to South Carolina to visit some friends.



He was so brave and took a week-long trip with my family to Gulf Shores, Alabama, crammed into a tiny condo on the beach.




We threw our first ever pirate party.


By the end of that first summer, I was moved in. By the end of that year, I was engaged. He proposed outside of the Opryland Hotel, under the Christmas lights.


And in January 2009, we were married. June 2010, we had G. How crazy is that? Roller coaster years, for sure. By I'm so thrilled with my life!

Tomorrow, we're heading down to Alabama to spend the rest of the week in my parents' home. I have 8 family members from dad's side flying in, so it'll be a house full of 14. I can't wait to see everyone. I hope they don't mind G waking up at 5am. hahaha.

So I'll be MIA for the rest of the week, except for a Wordless Wednesday for tomorrow. But when I come back there will be plenty of pics of Thanksgiving.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...