Friday, December 31, 2010

End of the Year Meme!

I've done this blasted end of year survey for over five years now. So why not post it on the new blog as well? Here's to 2010! The hubs and I are celebrating by laying in bed with our laptops, drinking a riesling that's chilling on ice, about to watch Dragon Ball Z. The whole idea makes me giggle a little too hysterically. It's probably also the glass and a half I've already had.

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Gave birth to a baby. nothing really competes with that, huh?

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No resolutions show up around here. I don't really bother.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Meeeeee (see a trend here?)

Did anyone close to you die?
One of my dad's sisters died from cancer. I still can't believe she's gone.

What countries did you visit?
Alas, none

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A chance to drink alcohol again! I am, in fact, sipping wine at the moment, but I really want the freedom I lacked when I was pregnant and now breastfeeding. I'm ready to have my body back. Sorry, g.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 4th, Grayson's birthday

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pushing a baby out of my vagina. That took two hours. Oh, and showering every day.

What was your biggest failure?
Letting my hormones get the best of me. They're bitches, those hormones.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got pre-eclampsia while pregnant. My blood pressure was 180/110 when I was admitted to the hospital for induction. Definitely a scary time. Plus it took two weeks to go back to normal off medication.

What was the best thing you bought?
Baby clothes. I love me some cuteness.


Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband, as always. He's often the glue that keeps me together.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This whole tea-bagging thing makes me want to crawl under the covers and hide. Or stab something.

Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills. Hospitals are expensive!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Not being pregnant anymore! G sleeping for longer than two hours in a row! Having a drink!

What song will always remind you of 2010?
Nothing, really.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier, totally.
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter, but only by about five pounds.
c) richer or poorer?
richer, now that we're not shoveling tons of money into hospital savings.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
traveling. I didn't go anywhere last year, which is really sad. But BUT next year we're going to Gulf Shores and Miami, so there's that.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
whining. bitches, hormones.

How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas Eve morning at our place, Christmas Eve afternoon at the in-laws, and Christmas with my parents.

Did you fall in love in 2010?
G stole my heart. Sorry, hubs.

What was your favorite TV program?
Glee rocked my socks. Also loved the ending of LOST. Many reality TV shows made me want to throw things at the TV.


Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No new dislikes.

What was the best book you read?
I unfortunately didn't do a whole lot of reading. Hoping to change that more next year as G sleeps more reliably. I did like The Hunger Games. The hubs read The Hobbit to G-in-the-belly, which really rekindled my love of Tolkien. But I also fell asleep during it a lot. I was soooo tired while pregnant.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Baby music doesn't drive me TOTALLY batty. (Only a little.)

What did you want and get?
A baby. He is awesome.

What did you want and not get?
A new house. Maybe next year?

What was your favorite film of this year?
Hardly saw any movies. I swear I'm going to have more of a life in 2011.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29. One more year to the big three-oh. Ugh. I woke up too early, spent the day with just G, and the hubs cooked me dinner and brownies.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not worrying so much about money. G went through hundreds of dollars in diapers in those early months because he had to be changed every time he peed. Seriously.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
OMG I'm fat and pregnant. Then, OMG I'm fat and not pregnant. Then, OMG I have giant boobs that don't fit into anything. So my personal fashion concept was mainly to find clothes that fit and didn't make me look like a marshmallow.

What kept you sane?
the hubs. and watching G sleep. love that.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp, as always. I want in his pants.


What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care, again. Gay marriage always pushes my buttons, too. Boo discrimination.

Who did you miss?
Friends. Going to make more of an effort to hang with them as G gets older.


Who was the best new person you met?
No one new. Would love some friends with babies to hang with every so often, share the pain and whatnot.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Sweet potato makes G gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...