Thursday, December 30, 2010

christmas redux

Overall, I'm rather disappointed in myself with how many pictures were taken over the holidays. I really should have picked up the camera more often. Christmas Eve afternoon was spent with the hub's side of the family. No pictures from there really turned out at all, and not near enough pictures were taken. I'm really bummed, but what are you gonna do?

We're so so SO glad we headed down to my parents' a day early, since it did indeed snow on Christmas. In fact, this is what we woke up to Christmas morning. In Alabama, of all places! It was a really wet snow, too, which meant it stuck to everything. Gorgeous.



Despite the fact that it wasn't even quite 7am, I proceeded to wake everyone in the house. Except for my dad, who slept in until closer to 8.

My bro and his girlfriend. Aren't they sickingly cute? We love to make gagging noises behind their backs.


G wasn't quite as giddy this morning, having slept restlessly in the pack n play. Here he is patiently waiting to open more presents.


He loved to stare at their rather large tree.


G's first photo bomb. Sorry, Christina.


That evening we went over to my grandparents' place down the road for even more presents. Mainly it was dirty Santa, and G got to open something. He loves his great-grandpa. They really seem to have bonded.



The cutest pic ever of G and my mom.


Even my bro got to hold a happy g. Uncle love.


A pic off my mom's camera of g and me that morning.


All in all, a fantastic Christmas filled with family. G took it all really well. His worst meltdown was on the way to Alabama after he woke up from a nap in the car. He hasn't been in the car much after dark, so I think it scared him even though I was sitting in the back with him. He was so exhausted from all the excitement that he slept all the way home.

He's been having horrible nights since we got home, however. I really hope he gets back on track. We can't take many more of these nights. Please sleep longer than an hour in a row, G! Pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...