Saturday, December 4, 2010

happy 6 months, baby g


Someone was tired one morning during Thanksgiving break. His sleep was all wonky during the holiday, as he didn't want to go to bed at his normal time. He hadn't stayed up that late since he was less than two months old, the silly baby. But things were happening in the house, and he had to know it ALL. He probably went back to bed rather quickly this morning.


See? So sleepy.


What? I can stay up. I don't need no stinkin' naps.


I'm awake. Really.


Yaaaah. See? AWAKE.


Dear Grayson, today is your sixth month birthday. We're halfway to one full year. I can't believe six months have already passed. You have changed so much! I can't wait to see what kind of new tricks you in the next six. You make me laugh every day.

You've really been working on your sitting and talking skills. You love to sit up on your own. I'll sit behind you because you'll topple over at any moment, but you've gotten fantastic at sitting from almost a minute all by yourself. Usually you get distracted by something or you'll get all excited and start to flail too much, so you'll fall over. Falling doesn't seem to bother you unless you end up on your tummy. You still oh so hate tummy time. I highly doubt you'll learn to crawl unless you just someone magically and spontaneously learn all by yourself.

This month you learned how to screech. So that's your favorite thing to do. It makes me both cringe and burst out laughing. I can't help but smile when you make that awful noise. You're just so darn happy all the time. You still like to do "b" sounds, such as ba, but screeching is your current favorite. You also love to blow raspberries. Sometimes you just end up spitting everywhere, though.

You regressed a little in sleep, and sometimes you wake up a little more often than we'd like. But this past week you slept from 8-6 three nights in a row. So really, who's complaining, right?

Your six-month doctor's appointment is tomorrow, so we'll see how much you weigh and how long you are. You seem so big to me! But when someone else is holding you, you often seem to small. My little/big babycake, I love you so much! Here's to the next six months!

1 comment:

  1. And here's to 6 months of you being an awesome mom. You put up with so much, and care so much, and are just full of love.

    I'm so proud of and in love with you.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...