Monday, December 19, 2011

a spring day in December

A couple of days ago, we had a day when the temperature outside reached a very warm 65 degrees. The sun was out in full force, and a calm breeze kept the rays from making things too hot. Of course, the kiddo and I headed to one of our favorite parks where I just turned him loose.

I don't know if it was because we hadn't been to a park in well over a month, or if he was just in the mood, but he held my hand for a while as we walked from the car to the first bit of playground. He eyed the swings the whole time, and I let him lead us over there.



The kid does love to swing. He headed back over to them three more times. It's difficult to help an 18-month-old understand the concept of waiting your turn for a swing, but he did pretty good.

Being able to run around unhendered just blows his toddler mind.


This pose and face cracks me up.



Toddler butt!


There was this really cool artwork on the side of a building. He had to go poke at it.


The boy does love his sticks.




At this point, I needed a break from walking around. First trimester fatigue has hit me hard. So I sat down on a low wall and let him hand me pieces of sticks and rocks. I lined up the first few in a row, and then he got interested in putting them down himself.


I know we won't have a day like that again for a looong time, so I tried to soak up the sun and enjoy every moment. Christmas is in only a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...