Monday, January 9, 2012

no devil-babies, please

Our first ultrasound and prenatal doc appointment is tomorrow! Since I've known I was pregnant at 3 weeks and 3 days, I've been looking forward to this for a while. I've had a lot of time to think about the moment of seeing my baby on the screen.

Right now, I'm mostly just hoping for a good strong heartbeat. That's key this early on. Also hoping the baby is measuring on target for almost 9 weeks.

A lot of not-so great scenarios have run through my head. I've had dreams (or nightmares, what have you) about all of this.

Of course, the first is that it's twins. I wouldn't be thrilled with the idea. Twins means bedrest and a c-section, and probably time in the NICU, and double everything. I'm not sure G would enjoy being the older brother to twins. And what if they're twin BOYS? Oh lordy.

If it's twins, there's one good twin and one bad twin. Anyone seen American Horror Story? Yeah, I had a dream that the babies were moving inside of me. I saw tiny baby fingers rubbing down the inside of my belly - ack! And one totally had hooves. My first ultrasound experience went pretty much like that woman's, too. As in, the ultrasound technique passed out and then joined a nunnery. Yep.

I'll just be relieved when the ultrasound is over, and we know everything is good-to-go for baby #2.

And, you know, no hooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...