When I last talked about the pregnancy, I was only a few months along. Here's a summary of what's happened since then.
- At an 11 week ultrasound, they discovered that the baby had a thicker nuchal neck fold than normal. We went off for Sequenom bloodwork testing on me and scheduled a NT scan for the following week.
- The next week, at the NT scan, the nuchal folds actually looked normal. What a relief! But it did mean that we had spent that last week panicking. Our bloodwork also came back normal, but MFM wasn't ruling out a heart problem.
- Oh yeah, and by the way, MFM told me I need to be doing vaginal ultrasounds every other week to check on my cervix. Because of a cervical biopsy I had done back in 2006 and because of my D&C last February for my first miscarriage, they wanted to keep an eye on my cervix. I've got two more scans to go before they let it go, but so far, my cervix has been long and closed. Woo.
- At a 14 week ultrasound, the ultrasound tech thought she might know the sex of the baby. She didn't want to call it but she told me her call. Then, a few days later, a different tech told me she knew for sure the sex. Another scan a few weeks later told us the same info, so at that point, we were pretty sure that we're having a GIRL!
- Cue our 20 week ultrasound, which takes forever and consists of over 100 images of baby girl's heart. Her heart is perfect, and in fact, the technicians and doctors love her heart so much that they're going to use her in a study they're doing. We're so relieved that all the drama about her development is finally behind us.
- At our 22 week cervical check-up a few days ago, during which we find my cervix is still long and closed, we see that she's still breech. Baby girl's shown up breech in every ultrasound since she was large enough to start noticing. Everyone reassures me that she has plenty of time to turn around and stay turned around, but certainly I'm a little nervous about it.
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention some of the biggest news, beyond the fact that we're a girl.
We've named her! But you'll have to wait for that news. Because I'm mean like that.