Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Miami Trip, part 1

So last Wednesday, bright 'n' early, we finished packing up our suitcases (all three of them!) and headed for the airport. It was time for baby's first vacation! 

We had to wake the poor thing up way too early, but he was a champ. He ran around the Nashville airport's toddler playground - all airports should have those! - until it was time to get on the plane. We didn't buy G a seat since he's only 16 months old, but we hoped that the plane rides wouldn't be sold out so we could put him in his car seat. We got lucky both ways, so he got to sit in his carseat after all. I highly recommend trying that if you just can't afford to shell out hundreds of dollars for another seat. G did fantastic on the plane until we started descending. Then he started crying and grabbing at his ears, so I think his ears began to hurt. He was fine after that, though.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that G decided to cut his first molar on our trip? I'm so not even kidding about that.

The whole point of our trip was my cousin Binky's wedding. But it was also kind of a family reunion, even though we had almost all seen each other last Thanksgiving. However, it was the first time for G to meet my Cuban grandparents from my dad's side of the family, his other great-grandparents.

But FIRST, the trip was also baby's first beach!


He didn't really know what to think, and he didn't want to walk around without holding onto one of our hands. These pictures are of the first beach we went to on Key Biscayne, which is where we stayed. Dad grew up on the Key, so most of my memories of Miami as a kid are centered around the tiny island. We first took G to the beach at Bill Baggs Cape State Park. (On the last day of the trip, we took him to Crandon Park beach, which I LOVE much more.)

He did have fun in the sand!




He was cautious about the water at first, but then he started trying to walk out into it. ha.







That night, we went to have drinks on the roof of the hotel where a lot of the wedding people were staying. Such a gorgeous hotel! We did, of course, have to get a picture of all of us cousins.

Here we are in 2002. That's me second from the left, with my brother to the right. This was in Key Biscayne.


Here we are last Thanksgiving, at my parents' house in Alabama.


And this was us last Thursday night. I was wearing 3 inch platform heels! Man, I'm short. Aren't we cute?


Binky and Joe, the now happily married couple.


My brother Manny and his girlfriend Christina. I'm so glad I got to know her more on the trip. She's way too good for my bro. haha.


Mom, my brother, and me.


The whole fam.



I have a ton of more pictures to edit, but that was the first couple of days of our trip. Stay tuned for part 2, which involves Vizcaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...