Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas (Eve) Morning

This is what Christmas (Eve) morning with a sick and crusty toddler looks like:

Get it off get it off!


He wanted nothing to do with that stocking this year, unlike last year when he thought it was the bee's knees.



I was kinda hoping for the same reaction this year, but oh well. I can't blame the guy. He hadn't gotten much sleep due to his congestion, and he had so much snot that he rivaled me for the amount of tissue used in a day. He actually liked his stuff once we unwrapped it for him. I got him to sit still by pulling him onto the couch with me and unwrapping his stuff in front of him. He's such a gooey and cuddly toddler that this kind of thing can pacify him.

He didn't get much from us since his largest present cost so much - a few books, a doctor's kit (he loves that thing), and a stuffed owl named Roxie that he kinda ignores. Oh well. At least he loves Measles, the polka dotted giraffe we gave him last Christmas; he knows its name, and will go over and give it loves when we ask where Measles is.

Anyway, his big gift was a PBK Anywhere Chair. So far, I haven't seen him actually sitting in it. Rather, he does this funny crouch thing as he steps into it and hangs out. He always has this goofy smile on his face like he thinks his new vantage part is that awesome.

Look! I'm in a chair! What's up with that?


We had three more celebrations after that - one with Dave's family that evening, Christmas morning with my parents, and Christmas evening with my grandparents and the rest of my mom's family. By the end of it, pretty much everyone was sick except for Dave and me, and even we were fighting it off. I'm not even sure how much of that was Grayson's fault (not that you can fault him for spreading the love around) but yay for germs.

Tomorrow, G turns 19 months and I turn 8 weeks pregnant. The fact that I can say that sentence just boggles my mind. Boggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...