Friday, April 27, 2012

Pardon the mess

Okay, okay, I know I've been MIA this month. One post a week is kinda pathetic. But I've got a ridiculous amount of work to accomplish before next Friday at 9am. I've been at it full blast since a week ago.

Here's my list so far, with what I've done yesterday and today crossed off.
  • write a 3-5 page paper
  • attend a parent panel 
  • grade 12 four-page argument essays
  • grade 12 portfolios
  • grade 54 44 three-page Beowulf essays (10 down!)
  • grade 54 sets of two discussion questions
  • grade 54 final exams (I don't get these until Wednesday)
  • calculate 66 final grades
So, yeah, I'm kinda going crazy with the grading right now. I have to have final grades up next Friday, but we're heading to Florence that weekend, so I'm actually hoping to get everything done Thursday night. I've got my mother-in-law coming to babysit Thursday afternoon, and the hubs will take care of G after that. I think 11-10pm will be enough time to grade those 54 exams and calculate final grades... I hope. I'd rather not stay up later than that, thankyouverymuch.

Plus, there's a lot of this going around:


G was nursing a cold yesterday. He seems to be in better spirits today, but I've had a sore throat since I woke up. A cold is just what I need while I'm in the home stretch of finals!

(And yes, my almost two-year-old still uses a paci. Normally, he only uses it for naps and bedtime - and we're strict about that. But he was so pathetic that I offered.)

However, after Friday, I'll be off on break until summer classes start up at the very end of May. So I'm going to be starting up another blog-a-day event for the month of May. I want to get back into the groove of it. NaBloPoMo, it is! I did NaBloPoMo back in November and had a blast. For now, though, I'm burying myself in Beowulf essays.

I'll be back on Tuesday to start NaBloPoMo. May's theme is "play." Not sure how much I'll stick to that, but we'll see.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. My poor baby! I hope we don't have to prop you up this weekend!
    Luv u,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...